Recent Posts

Wawa Welcome America!

6/5/2018 (Permalink)

We will be sponsoring the Wawa Welcome to America event from June 28 to July 4. Come check us out at the greatest event in Philly celebrating the nation birth place with fun and free events for the whole family and fireworks! Who doesn't love fire works?! Do not forget to mark your calendar for this fun event in the area! It is free event for everyone with activities for everyone from little kids to the adults. Lets celebrate America's birthday!

Dryer Safety

4/6/2018 (Permalink)

At SERVPRO of Society Hill we care about your safety of you and your family. Dryer safety is important to know. Here is some tips to keep your dryer safe from any potential fire.

  • Have a professional install and repair the dryer
  • Do not use the dryer without a lint filter
  • Always clean the lint filter before/after loads
  • Clean any loose or accumulating lint in and around the drum
  • Rigid or flexible metal should be used in venting for proper use and drying for the dryer
  • If clothing takes longer than usual check the vent pipe for any possible blockages
  • Never leave a dryer left on during the night while sleeping or when away from your home

These are great tips to follow and a great way to prevent fire happening in the home

Smoke Alarms

4/4/2018 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Smoke Alarms Kidde i4618 Ionization Smoke Alarm, Hardwired with 9V Battery Backup

Fire prevention is one of the most important things for you and your family. Ensuring that your home has smoke alarms are one of the first steps in fire prevention. According to the National Fire Protection Association, 3 out of 5 home fire deaths were caused because of no smoke alarm or no working smoking alarm. Smoke alarm cut the risk of people dying. Hardwired fire alarms operated 94% of the time versus battery powered alarms. The battery may tend to fail because of missing, disconnected or dead batteries. Ionization smoke alarm is more responsive to flaming fires and can detect a fire faster during the night hours when you are sleeping to give you extra time to safety assist or waken others to evacuate from a fire.

Mold Testing

4/4/2018 (Permalink)

In this day and age, you can order any testing online. But mold testing isn't something we recommend that you purchase online and start collecting a sample because of the cost and the incorrect readings which can lead to the potential for more growth of mold which is a danger to you and your family health. Let the professional of SERVPRO assist you any mold testing and mold removal. Testing for mold is essential especially after a flood or leak due to a natural disaster or leak within the structure. We want to ensure that your safety and your health is protected when it comes to mold issues so always reconsider hiring a professional when you want to test for mold in your home and business.

Storms Happen..

4/4/2018 (Permalink)

When storms happen in the northeast part of our area, it is always some kind aftermath of the storm. Whether its down tree branches and power lines. The aftermath damages from a storm from the wind or hail to home or business. Flooding from the rain, in and around the buildings or homes. Power outages or other utility outages. It is a mess that no one wants to tell with, but you can always count on the professional of SERVPRO to regain some peace of mind and to return to normal with our clean up services to the community both residential and commercials. We are here to service your day or night from that aftermath of any storm that comes to Society Hill.

Flooded Basement

4/4/2018 (Permalink)

At SERVPRO of Burlington/Mount Holly, we would like to provide some tips to all homeowners when the basement gets flooded
Shut off all electricity to the area
Find the source of water
If its rainwater wait until the rain stops
if its water from a pipe turn off the water shut off valve
Call SERVPRO to remove water and to dry up the basement

Medical Facility

4/4/2018 (Permalink)

SERVPRO of Society Hill is servicing all medical facility with all cleaning services. Cleaning services for deep cleaning multiple bathrooms and kitchens or cafeterias as well as providing cleaning to any bio hazardous. SERVPRO is the professional in cleaning services and making the facility look at its optimum. We also specialize in fire and water damages cleanups. We want to take care of our community and want you to know that we are here for your home and business 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Give us a call, and we will have a crew immediately out to help and clean in any way possible to get the facility back to running during regular business hours. Trust the professionals at SERVPRO of Society Hill!

Top 7 Signs of Mold

3/26/2018 (Permalink)

Here at SERVPRO of Society Hill care about your health and your family’s health. We are providing great tips in keeping an eye out on Mold. A common sign of Mold is having allergic reactions to it. When being at home isn’t so pleasant by sneezing, having sore eyes and running nose or nasal congestion all the time and then stepping out the house and not having an any of these symptoms you could be having mold in your home. The second sign is the odor of Mold. If you smell humid, damp or like decaying wood, it is the odor of Mold and is another big sign that you are experiencing Mold. Another important and visual indication is seeing mold. Mold will start off small but will eventually grow into bigger patches with very different colors of black and white are the most common colors sometimes in most extreme case color may vary from gray-brown and gray-green or even orange, pink or purple. This sign maybe ignores at times because it is not present now but when water leaks and past flooding happen, in the home one would need to keep an eye out on mold growth, but if you have had these events in your home most likely you have mold growing. Condensation is the tell-tale sign of mold; condensation happens when a high amount of moisture or humidity present in the house. Condensation is the breeding grown of mold if this problem is ignored most likely you have mold in the home.

Dangers of Hoarding

3/26/2018 (Permalink)

We have heard of those crazy shows about individuals hoarding stuff and not wanting to part ways of all the things they have collected over the years. At SERVPRO of Society Hill want to keep families safe and give them tips in keeping a safe and healthy home. Hoarding is something hazardous when it comes to fire safety for anyone will this problem. The risks of one hoarding can crowd stoves and ovens making very unsafe to cook because of the possibility of something falling into those appliances and starting a fire. Another risk has items to close and crowed near heating equipment like a fireplace or a furnace which is very dangerous if the items were to fall into these kinds of equipment causing it to damage and start a fire. The hoarding of items is a very serious dangerous even when it comes to saving your own life. Firefighters will have a hard time trying to get in your home to rescue you or your loved ones in case of a fire. With stuff being everywhere like in any hoarding situation can make it difficult for a firefighter to navigate in the home. It is important to remember that if you have lots of items in or around your home to keep them at least 3 feet away from cooking appliance like a stove(s) or oven(s) and as well as any heating equipment like furnaces, boilers or fireplace.

Taking Care of Soot and Smoke

3/7/2018 (Permalink)

Fire and smoke damage can be devastating to personal property and structures. Quick action is the only way to minimize the destruction. The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification, IICRC, is a globally recognized organization whose mission is to establish higher industry standards. As a referral source for consumers, IICRC certified firms are more likely to provide a faster, better service than non-certified competitors.Restoration costs increase and damages escalate when the cleaning process is extended. By hastening the hiring process and using an IICRC certified technician, owners will be rewarded by having the damage stopped so repairs can begin.What happens only minutes after the disaster?Immediately after a fire, soot residue settles onto the property. Discoloration of porous materials is permanent, but other surfaces may be properly cleaned to remove the discoloration. Acidic soot begins staining other surfaces if not treated quickly.Within hours all surfaces begin to suffer from fire and smoke damage. Wooden furniture may require refinishing. Metal begins to rust, pit and corrode. Painted walls begin to yellow. Clothing can become permanently stained. And finally, flooring may require refinishing or replacement.If left untreated, within weeks the restoration process will take longer and cost more. Prolonged soot exposure permanently harms all surfaces and embeds in fibers. Replacement of property may be the best option at this point. The structure may continue deteriorating if not properly restored by SERVPRO of Society Hill.