Safety Tips When Heating Your Home With a Space Heater
With colder weather on the way, many people will be bringing out their space heaters. An if you don't take the right safety measures, they can be a huge fire risk. Space heaters are the second leading cause for house fires in the United States. Up to 65,000 house fires a year are started from these heaters. A space heater fire can put a whole home in flames in a matter of seconds. Here are some safety measures that should be taken when using a space heater.
- Inspect the heater for any broken plugs,and loose or damaged wires.
- Putting your space heater in the proper place is very important. Make sure its 3 feet away from any furniture, clothing, paper, rugs, or anything that can burn
- Whenever leaving the room make sure to turn off the heater.
- Keep out of high traffic areas to prevent a tripping hazard, or possibility of knocking it over
- When not in use, unplug and store in proper place
From all of us here at SERVPRO of Society Hill. Have a enjoyable and safe fall and winter seasons!