“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Many people believe that mold remediation and mold removal mean the same thing however, they are different. Mold remediation is the removal and treatment of the mold, so mold does not regrow in the area. Mold removal is just the removal of mold with no further treatment. Mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours once water gets into your Philadelphia home or business. Sources of moisture or water must therefore be addressed by our trained before mold remediation can start, or else the mold may return. If your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Society Hill can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to re mediate your mold infestation.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (215) 772-1203
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (215) 772-1203
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Society Hill is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: