Electrical fires are the most common fires in houses. They also are one of the hardest fires to put out due to the constant charge that the electric gives out. Most electrical fires are caused by faulty electricaloutlets and old, outdated appliances. Never use an appliance with a worn or frayed cord which can send heat onto combustible surfaces like floors, curtains, and rugs that can start a fire. Running cords under rugs is another cause of electrical fires. The amount of electrical fires increase in the months of December and January due to the increase of heating appliances and the increase of lights used. Therefore, to prevent this disaster from happening use newer appliances and make sure that the outlets in your house are updated. If this disaster does happen SERVPRO Society Hill will clean and restore your house back to the way it was. SERVPRO Society Hill will make sure your house looks like nothing even happened.