Storms such as hurricanes or tropical storms can be very dangerous and very frightening. SERVPRO of Society Hill wants you to be safe and aware of everything you can do to prevent more danger.Safety precautions indoors
- Avoid water during a thunderstorm. Lightning can travel through plumbing.
- Avoid electronic equipment of all types. Lightning can travel through electrical systems and radio and television reception systems.
- Avoid corded phones. ...
- Avoid concrete floors and walls.
- Stay inside during thunderstorms and blizzards.
- Use flashlights instead of candles.
- Call the power company right away.
- Unplug as many big appliances as possible.
- Avoid using corded phones and electronics such as computers or power tools. ...
- Don't use your cell phone during a thunderstorm.
- Don't wash your hands, shower, wash dishes or do laundry. ...
- High winds and hail can shatter glass, so stay away from windows, skylights and doors.
Lightning 30/30 rule: If it takes less... Lightning 30/30 rule: If it takes less than 30 seconds to hear thunder after seeing the flash, lightning is near enough to pose a threat; after the storm ends, wait 30 minutes before resuming outdoor activities.
Those are just some simple tips and knowledge to keep you safe as possible.